Changing Spaces

 Oh how fun the last few days have been. The contractor wrapped up the remodel of the basement, which I have been waiting 5 years for. He was able to create a bedroom for you that is bigger than the one you had. Its also much cooler down here, so we are both sleeping better. You now have a walk/roll in shower that is so much easier to use. It took you a minute to get used to it but once you did, you seemed to relax. You also have your very own kitchenette and living room space, as well as a space to do all your therapies comfortably. Tomorrow the furniture from Ikea is supposed to be here, which gives me the chance to clean everything up and organize all of your supplies. The couches and recliner came today and even though they wont fit in the space the way that I had in mind, we were able to get them to work. Tomorrow you will also get a new TV for the living room space and I think I am probably more excited about it than you are. This space is so nice! I can't wait to see how much you thrive! Now if only we could get your new bed and shower chair. That would make things even better. The other day we drove to the clinic that makes your wheelchair seat and they stretched your current seat about 1.5-2 inches because of your growth. This will have to get us through until after your spine surgery. Things are looking up kiddo! So much good things happening at once. You will be starting water therapy soon and I think you are going to love it! The therapist seems really nice! I am so excited to get your new space all put together and make it the best space for you! 


Changing topics for a minute. 

Some people use alcohol and drugs to cope with things in their life. Thank goodness that I do not turn to those vices, however my vice is trying to fill my soul with things. I spend money a lot and can justify just about every purchase in some form or fashion. I was meeting with my therapist this past week and we really got to talking about this addiction. It is time that I learn new coping methods. I want to be able to give us the best life we can have and that won't be possible if I keep being so irresponsible with our money. I had to remove temptation. I have such easy access to money through the click of a button and thats where I get in trouble. I deleted apps from my phone that I use regularly to purchase things and removed my card information from Apple Pay. I am also going to get my hubby to help keep me on the right track by doing my own version of the Dave Ramsey method. I want to be financially free and not stress when things come up that we want to get for you or that we need. I would love to have a nicer van and all the things that I could get for you to make your life better, but all of that will have to wait so that we can build up our savings and pay off everything we possibly can. I pray that I can find a way to handle my emotions, anxiety, depression, impulses, and confidence. I am so grateful to have a therapist that truly sees me and can reach me like no one else can. You bring me so much joy kiddo and I hope to bring joy to you. I want you to have the very best of me. I love you! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beginning The Memories

Its in the Past, or is it?

Superheroes... In Training